Well after the last de-stash event, I picked up this glorious fabric for myself, well guess what the other half spotted in and said “could I have a shirt from it”, how could I say no, so out came Simplicity 9469 again, along with a new collar that I drew up. Now this is not quite finished, but it is getting there, all the hems have been done by hand as I had to fill time when sitting in the hospital awaiting a child from surgery. All that is left to do is the buttons and button holes.
Should be another two or three weeks to get that done, I said to myself and guess what I managed to carve out some time today and it is now finished.
So happy with how it has come out, now lets hope it fits (yes, yes it is custom fitted, just of late I make and he puts more across the shoulder breadth).
Okay it is cut out (one thing I did not notice was the print ran sideways and because of the fabric it now runs across his chest, not to happy with that), and that is all I can say, I do have a deadline though to finish it by though, so best get cracking about the rest of my cutting jobs, so I can just sew sew sew and sew.
It is finally finished, it has been a long slog (see previous posts) with a lot going on at other times from garden reno, to paint stripping in the house to other sewing for gifts, but yes at long last it is done.
It has been a labour of love as it has been great fun, from using mens ties for the bias, roughly eleven meters of it and all second hand. The fabrics I used came from mens shirts and fat quarters, old lace I had and fabric from op shops.