It is finally finished, it has been a long slog (see previous posts) with a lot going on at other times from garden reno, to paint stripping in the house to other sewing for gifts, but yes at long last it is done.
It has been a labour of love as it has been great fun, from using mens ties for the bias, roughly eleven meters of it and all second hand. The fabrics I used came from mens shirts and fat quarters, old lace I had and fabric from op shops.
Now this is what I call a great garage sale, Guildford Cottage Curtains had a garage sale on in aid of her grandson raising some money and of course I my eyes lit up as we are in need of upholstery fabric to do ten dining chairs an outdoor loungers and a few other items.
Well the first lot of stripes are from an op same day for $1.00 partly made curtains score one.
The rest is from the massive sale and we spent I think it was $30 all up for about 20 meters of fabric and the black at the end I fell in love with and got four meters of for a dress as it is a light cotton (well you just have to don’t you.