This quilt is taking me forever to get done, in the last few days I have finally and I mean finally gotten the last rows of 25 squares sewn together, and that is 25 rows of 25, a feat and a half, now I must put it aside again and get onto some other sewing, like the request for a new dress (for me) and new shirt (for him), and both before my birthday.
Before I do though, let me tell you about a few of the fabrics I have used in this. The green lace for example came from an old dress, past it’s use by date but perfect for this job, th printed fabrics I have created both with screen printing a dragon that I drew up then cut into squares, the yellow is from an op shop, just a remnant that I saw had possibilities.
Stay tuned for next month as I sew each row together.
Due to illness I have been forced to sit and watch a movie (Dr Who (hard work that,not))and re-make some of my jewellery into some great new pieces to wear, these have all been pieces that have broken over time or I became bored with so they are now in my box of bits.
So what do you all think did I win or did I win, I think I did, these where so much fun that I want to find time to do some more, this used to be a love of mine that is now resparked (well-done being ill for this one).
Now I have a favourite size platter at home that is constantly in use, only issue is it is getting past it’s use by date and dying a slow death on me, so before it is gone completely I thought it a good idea to use it as a template to make my own. So one doily for decoration and a slab of clay and I have anew platter now drying ready to go into the kiln and then to be painted in the colours we use at home, I am thinking one main colour and a few highlights only, or I will still be painting this into next year.
It is finally finished, it has been a long slog (see previous posts) with a lot going on at other times from garden reno, to paint stripping in the house to other sewing for gifts, but yes at long last it is done.
It has been a labour of love as it has been great fun, from using mens ties for the bias, roughly eleven meters of it and all second hand. The fabrics I used came from mens shirts and fat quarters, old lace I had and fabric from op shops.